Magnesium taurate is a mineral supplement that has been shown to have various health benefits. However, like with all supplements, there are some potential magnesium taurate side effects that you should be aware of before starting to take this supplement. In this article, we will discuss the most common side effects of magnesium taurate and what you can do to minimize them. Keep reading for more information!
1. What is magnesium taurate and what are its benefits?
Magnesium taurate is a magnesium salt of taurine that is commonly used as a dietary supplement. Magnesium taurate is used as a way to improve magnesium levels and taurine levels in the body. Magnesium taurate also provides a variety of health benefits, such as reducing blood pressure, improving heart health, and aiding with sleep.
2. What are the side effects of magnesium taurate supplementation?
Magnesium taurate is very well tolerated by most people, but there are a few potential side effects that should be taken into consideration. The most common side effect of magnesium supplementation is loose stools but this seems to be avoided with the taurate form.
Other potential magnesium side effects include abdominal cramping. This can usually be mitigated by reducing the dose or taking magnesium taurate with food.
Magnesium taurate can also interact with certain medications, so it is important to speak to a healthcare professional before starting supplementation. In most cases, magnesium taurate is a safe and effective way to increase magnesium levels.
2. How can you minimize the risk of experiencing side effects while taking magnesium taurate supplements?
When taking magnesium taurate supplements, there are a few things you can do to minimise the risk of experiencing side effects.
First, start with a lower dose and gradually increase as tolerated.
Second, take the supplement with food or after a meal to minimise the chances of gastrointestinal upset.
Finally, drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to avoid dehydration, which can worsen side effects such as headaches and muscle cramps.
By following these simple tips, you can minimise your risk of experiencing unwelcome side effects from magnesium taurate supplementation.
3. Are there any other precautions or warnings that you should be aware of before taking magnesium taurate supplements?
Magnesium taurate supplements are generally considered safe for most adults. However, there are a few things to be aware of before taking them.
First, magnesium can interact with certain medications, so it's important to talk to your doctor if you're taking any prescription drugs.
Second, if you have kidney disease, magnesium supplements can potentially worsen your condition. Therefore, it's important to talk to your doctor if you have any pre-existing health conditions before taking magnesium taurate supplements.
Finally, as with all supplements, it's important to follow the dosage instructions and not take more than the recommended amount. By following these precautions, you can help ensure that you'll stay safe and healthy while taking magnesium taurate supplements.
4. Where can you find high-quality magnesium taurate supplements?
Magnesium taurate is a popular supplement for those looking to improve their health and well-being. But with so many products on the market, it can be difficult to know where to turn for high-quality products. Fortunately, there are a few key things to look for when shopping for magnesium taurate supplements.
- Make sure that the product is manufactured by a reputable company. There are many fly-by-night companies selling inferior products, so it's important to do your research before making a purchase.
- Check the label to make sure that the product contains a high percentage of magnesium and minimal fillers. Look for around 150mg of elemental magnesium per daily dose - that equates to around 75mg per capsule.
- If you struggle with swallowing large tablets choose capsule form which can be opened and mixed into water.
- .Make sure that the product is third-party tested for quality and purity. By following these guidelines, you can be sure that you're getting a high-quality product that will offer all of the benefits of magnesium taurate supplements.
- Make sure that the product uses fully reacted magnesium taurate. Most companies use poorly absorbed magnesium oxide and taurine, this is not the same as magnesium taurate.
Ethical Nutrition offer the UK's highest strength magnesium taurate which is third-party tested, rated 5 stars on trustpilot and is recommended by Dr Sanjay Guppta, a leading cardiologist.
Magnesium taurate is a mineral supplement that has been shown to offer a number of health benefits. However, it is important to be aware of the potential side effects associated with taking magnesium taurate supplements before you begin taking them. By following the tips we’ve outlined in this article, you can minimize your risk of experiencing any negative side effects while enjoying the many benefits magnesium taurate has to offer.
Are you ready to give magnesium taurate a try?