- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons room temperature water
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (do not use big coconut flakes)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, vegan/dairy free if desired
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix together flaxseed meal and water, let it sit for 5 minutes . After 5 minutes the ‘flaxegg’ will be ready and you can add the melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl; whisk together until smooth.
- Next add in the oat flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop and place about 1 heaping tablespoon dough on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. You should get 10 cookies. If you want thicker cookies, leave as is. If you want slightly thinner cookies, very gently push ONLY the top of the cookie down just a very tiny bit. Don’t overdo it -- these are vegan cookies and we want them to stick together!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes until edges are just slightly golden brown. Once cookies come out of oven, sprinkle the tops with fancy sea salt.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Leaving them on the baking sheet will help them settle up and hold together.