These quick and easy honey-glazed parsnips strike the perfect balance between earthy and sweet, making them an ideal side dish for Christmas. They're not only delicious but also simple and quick to prepare, adding a touch of golden delight to your festive table.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Peel and slice approximately 500 grams of parsnips into even sticks.
- In a bowl, mix about 15 ml of quality vegetable oil with a pinch of salt, black pepper, and your choice of herbs (like thyme or rosemary).
- Toss the parsnips in the oil mixture to coat evenly.
- Spread the parsnips on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and crispy.
Want to take your parsnips to the next level?
- Follow the initial steps of the recipe for preparing and oiling the parsnips.
- Before the final 10 minutes of roasting, drizzle about 1-2 tablespoons of raw honey over the parsnips.
- Return to the oven for the remaining time, allowing the honey to caramelize and create a sweet glaze.
This addition of honey not only brings a richer flavour but also leverages the health benefits of raw honey, such as its antioxidant properties and prebiotic effects. Remember, moderation is key due to the sugar content in honey.
|Amount per Serving